June 04, 2013 by
To lose weight, it’s important that you continue to eat, but in a healthy way. Not eating and exercising will not help you shed those pounds. Losing weight is all about maintaining a daily workout schedule and eating a well-balanced diet. Changing poor eating habits to beneficial ones will get you half way towards your weight loss goal.
1. You may not believe it, but drinks have a bigger role in calories than you think. If you’re drinking the right amount of fluid a day (somewhere between 2 to 3 liters), make sure you limit certain types of beverages. Drinks such as coffee, soda and alcohol are high in calories and are not beneficial to your health. It is best to avoid these all together, but if you must, limit yourself to one cup. With all the beverages out there, water is the best way to go. Water helps with your complexion, muscles, mood and even helps you limit the amount of calories you eat during a meal.
2. It isn’t a lie when people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Just make sure your breakfast isn’t the leftover pizza from the night before. A nutritious breakfast should include at least two of the following: cereal (not any of the sugary/chocolate kinds- more like Cheerios, Special K, Shredded Wheat, etc.), fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apple, etc. – All fruit is good for you.), oatmeal, eggs or yogurt. Eating breakfast allows you to get your fiber, protein, and proper nutrients, as well as allowing you to feel full longer.
3. Lunch is another important meal not to skip. Healthy lunch options include sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruits and vegetables. There are a ton of options for sandwiches and wraps, but some nutritious ones include turkey and cheese, chicken, tuna, peanut butter and more. Along with a sandwich it is important to have a snack, either a salad (not too much dressing), a fruit or vegetable.
4. Next comes dinner. Just like lunch, there are so many options out there. While choosing your dinner it is important to remember to include a proportioned variety of options. Dinner should include protein, carbohydrates, vegetables and calcium. To get your protein you can either eat chicken or fish (salmon, tilapia, shrimp, etc.). It is best to avoid or limit your red meat intake, as it is high in saturated fat. Carbohydrates are best to get from whole wheat pasta. When eating vegetables, make sure that they are fresh. Canned vegetables tend to be high in sodium and are never as good for you as the vegetables found in the produce section of your supermarket.
5. Snacks are a must to have throughout the day, as long as they are healthy and eaten in moderation. Snacks help reduce your hunger throughout the day and reduce the risk of binging during lunch and dinner. Snack options include fruit, vegetables, unsalted nuts or yogurt.
Here are some Healthy Low Calorie Recipe Options to get you started.
Eat Healthy. Get Fit. Live Well
· Breakfast Recipes
· Chicken Recipes
· Pasta Recipes