Makes: 4 servings
Start to Finish: 35 minutes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 (5-1/2-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups chicken cut in bit size pieces
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 can (15-1/2 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup purchased salsa
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1. Preheat broiler. Whisk together oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin in a small bowl; salt to taste. Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with cumin oil and arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat, turning once, until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool.
2. Meanwhile, toss chicken with 2 tablespoons juice in a serving bowl; salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss together beans, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in another serving bowl; salt and pepper to taste.
5. Arrange bowls of chicken beans, and stack of tortillas on the table. Place lettuce, salsa, and sour cream in separate bowls; serve on the side . Top each tortilla with desired toppings to create individual salad tostadas. Makes 4 servings.