Jamie Olive is stirring up the community of Huntington West Virgina with some healthy tips and tools. Here is a great recipe you should try it is low in calories and taste great! Happy cooking!
Servings: Serves 4–6
- 11 ounces whole wheat shell pasta
- 3 garlic cloves
- 9 ounces yellow cherry tomatoes
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
Throw in the pasta and garlic and simmer for about 5 minutes or until al dente, and drain.
Put the garlic to one side for the dressing.
Put the pasta in a bowl.
Chop the tomatoes, olives, chives, basil and cucumber into pieces about half the size of the pasta and add to the bowl.
Squash the garlic cloves out of their skins and pound in a pestle and mortar.
Add the vinegar, oil and seasoning.
Drizzle this over the salad, adding a little more seasoning to taste.