Spicy Peach Salsa
With trees bursting with peaches, this is a farmers markets staple, with a savory twist. This salsa is fantastic with plain tortilla chips, but it also pairs well with grilled fish or ham steak. It freezes beautifully, so you can have a kiss of summer for months after it's gone.
Makes 3 cups
- 6 large peaches (peeled or not, depending on your preference), halved, pitted and chopped in a 1/2 inch dice.
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Juice of two fresh limes
- Zest of half a lime
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and pasted
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and deveined, chopped fine
- 1 red pepper, seeded and deveined, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. combine all ingredients in a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Shake vigorously and chill for at least one hour before using.
“When eating well tastes like a yearlong vacation, it’s easy and exciting to do.”—From Rockridge Press, the publisher of Amazon b... Read More >
“Dr. Gundry is a true trailblazer, always at the forefront of scientific knowledge. The Plant Paradox shows the world what pioneer thinking is ab... Read More >