This recipe is a Vegan Recipe today show
“Vegan before 6” After 6:00pm eat anything you want to still lose weight. Mark Bittman’s “The VB6 Cookbook” promotes eating vegan during the day, then being a “flexitarian” at dinner.
There is a lot of discussions of how eating Vegan can help you lose weight.
- 1 large eggplant, trimmed, sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 cup whole wheat dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to slice eggplant crosswise in 1/2-inch slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside in a colander for 10 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Brush eggplant with olive oil and lay in a single layer on 2 baking sheets.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Flip and continue to roast until eggplant is tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, cheese, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Finely chop eggplant and add to the egg mixture, using your fingers to mix ingredients.
- Add breadcrumbs and sun-dried tomatoes and continue to mix until mixture sticks together.
- Form into “meat”balls.
- Generously spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and lay “meat”balls in a single layer in the dish, leaving a little space between each one.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Use tongs to gently turn the “meat”balls and cook for 20 minutes. They are done when they are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve plain or toss with tomato sauce and serve on pasta.
Cooking from Scratch as Simply as Possible
The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook is the perfect way to get dinner on the table quickly and easily wit... Read More >
Imagine savoring three delicious, satisfying meals every day without worrying about counting calories or calculating fat grams. Now you can enjoy ... Read More >