Who says Veggies need to be Boring?
This is a great healthy low calorie side dish that the entire family will love. It is a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies. And with Thanksgiving right around the corner why not spice up your dinner with these delicious roasted carrots.
Tasty Veggies Low Calorie Treats!
- 3 lb medium carrots, peeled and cut into 3-in pieces
- 1 red Chile pepper (such as fresco or Serrano), halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 2-in. piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp honey
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the carrots, chili and ginger with the oil, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
2. Transfer half the carrots to a second baking sheet. Roast both sheets until the carrots are golden brown and tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, drizzle the honey over the carrots and toss to combine.
Makes 8 servers
per serving 147 calories, 7 grams of fat, 0 mg chol, 4 grams of fiber