There are many reasons why May is the Perfect time to Start your Weight Loss Program, according to Dr. Oz.
Why is Spring/Summer the Perfect time to Start your Diet Plan?
- The majority of women say they focus on losing weight and getting fit in May, and say losing weight is easier in the summer, according to polling data from The Dr. Oz Show.
- Most of us tend to eat less in hot temperatures.
- Warmer weather and more sunlight mean more time to be outdoors and active. Pick an outdoor activity like walking, biking, hiking, running, ect. and set some goals for yourself. This will help you stay on track – goals are a great way to stick to your diet and reach your weight loss and fitness targets.
- The increased sunlight of the summer boosts serotonin levels, which reduce some people’s need to eat.
- There’s an abundance of healthy, seasonal foods like peaches, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers and asparagus.
How Does 28 Day Diet Challenge Work?
As part of the 28-day challenge, Dr. Oz has broken down what you need to eat and when in order to slim that waistline in time for summer, focusing on four key points.
- Avocado in the a.m.: Whether it’s avocado toast or an avocado chocolate smoothie, it’s a good source of fiber and potassium to start the day while replacing other fats in your diet.
- Veggies all day: Dr. Oz’s “veggie flush drink” featuring spinach, cucumber and pear provides a daily serving of vegetables and helps flush your body of excess toxins.
- Fasting window: Don’t eat anything from 9 p.m. until 9 a.m. to give your metabolism time to reset as well as time to burn fat.
- What to avoid: Stay away from sugar, diet soda, packaged and processed foods, dairy and alcohol.
The 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge Recipes
The 28 Day Diet Shrink the tummy was designed to help you lose weight more quickly in time for summertime. This plan works by cutting out the foods that make you bloat. Eating a fiber and fruit combo, like Brussels sprouts and apples, helps your digestive system keep you full and also helps quickly eliminate anything in your system that may be bad for you.
Get a flatter tummy in less than a month! These breakfast, lunch, and dinner 28 Day Recipes will help put you on the path toward a healthier you. Try this Diet challenge Recipe – Shredded Brussels Sprouts & Apple Salad. More 28 Day Diet Recipes.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium tart apple (like Granny Smith)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts. Using a sharp knife, slice each sprout thinly.
2. Slice the apple and red onion in the same manner. Combine in a large bowl.
3. Add all ingredients into a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss to combine and serve hot.
28 Day Daily Diet Program Details
12 Hour Daily Fast – Do not eat after 9:00 PM and before 9:00 AM. Of course this can be adjusted from 6PM to 6AM, 8PM-8AM, etc… to fit your schedule. Just make sure that you complete a 12 hour fast each day during the 28 Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge.
Types of foods to eat for breakfast : Egg in avocado recipe. Avocado toast, or have an avocado chocolate smoothie. Dr. Oz mentioned to get in your healthy fats for breakfast. You will feel full and satisfied all morning.
Types of foods to eat for lunch : Fruit and fiber combo – Try a shredded brussel sprouts and apple salad – See recipe above. Raspberry and cabbage salad.
Types of foods to eat for dinner : Eat a half cup of a healthy whole grain mixed with veggies. Some health grain ideas include :
- Quinoa – Quinoa Recipes
- Soba noodles
Also for dinner eat 3 ounces of lean meat (or 1/2 cup of beans). You are also allowed to eat UNLIMITED portions of non-starch vegetables.
–Mehmet Oz, M.D.
Does losing weight and staying healthy feel like... Read More >