Try this delicious Quinoa Stuffed Avocados Recipe. It is yummy and the perfect dish for losing weight or maintaining a healthy diet. Once you start eating avocados you become addicted…the good addiction!
28 Day Diet Recipe – Dr. Oz
Healthy and refreshing quinoa stuffed avocados make a great appetizer or light meal.
- 2 cups of Texas Caviar recipe
- 1 cup dry quinoa; soaked and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime; juiced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro; chopped
- Sriracha hot sauce or hot sauce of your choice
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add in rinsed quinoa and bring mixture back up to a boil. Cover saucepan and turn heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until all of liquid is absorbed.
- When finished, remove from heat, remove lid, stir, and set aside to cool. You will want quinoa to cool to room temperature before using it.
- Prepare your Texas Caviar mixture (link to recipe above).
- When quinoa has cooled to room temperature, place quinoa into a large mixing bowl and mix in two cups of the Texas Caviar mixture, making sure to include some of the dressing. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Cut your ripe avocado in half and carefully remove the pit.
- With a large spoon, gently scoop around the edges to scoop out your avocado. Place avocado halves on a plate and coat thoroughly with your lime juice to add extra flavor and prevent the avocado from browning.
- With a spoon, carefully fill your avocado halves with the quinoa mixture.
- Drizzle some of the dressing from the Texas Caviar on top, and finish off with a drizzle of hot sauce and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!