Quinoa with Mushrooms and Feta Recipe
- 1 4.9 oz. box Quinoa
- ¼ cup raw quinoa + ¼ cup water
- 8 oz. sautéed mushrooms, prepared (see additional recipe below)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- ½ cup tomato basil feta cheese
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 Tbs. capers, chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 9-10 cherry tomatoes, chopped (about ½ cup)
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Measure ¼ cup raw quinoa into a fine strainer and rinse well.
- Prepare the quinoa according to box instructions, adding the additional raw quinoa and ¼ cup water.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the sautéed mushrooms (see additional recipe below).
- When the quinoa is done cooking (about 20 minutes), add the remaining ingredients and mix gently.
- Serve warm.
Saute Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 Tbs. butter, divided
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- ? cup red wine
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add 1 Tbs. butter and the olive oil to a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Once the butter has completely melted, add the mushrooms and minced onion. Stir the mushrooms to coat well with butter and oil. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are starting to shrink and get a little color, add balsamic vinegar, wine, and 1 Tbs. butter. Add a dash of salt and pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes more. Eventually you want the liquid to reduce leaving a rich sauce.
The Healthy Cookbook for Two: Your go-to guide for healthy meals when time is the only ingredient you’re missing.
Wholesome coo... Read More >
One of the most important aspects you need to know about your new instant pot is that it allows you to make great and tasty foods in a much more ef... Read More >