Here is a great way to enjoy dessert without the carbs and calories. Not only is it lower in carbs but it is high in protein and nutrients. This is the perfect way to enjoy your dessert while increasing your protein intake – the perfect solution for weight loss and a healthy diet.
10 mins, Cook time 30 mins, Total time,40 mins
These Mini black bean cupcakes have Chocolate Frosting so whatever frosting you desire works. Enjoy a chocolate treat with less carbs and more protein. High protein – low carb desserts is the perfect way to help with weight loss.
Black Bean Cupcakes Directions:
Serves: apx 12-18 cupcakes depending on your cup size
- 1 can of black beans (15oz), rinsed and drained well
- 5 large eggs
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup cold brewed coffee (optional)
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 8 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 6 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place beans, 3 eggs, salt, vanilla, and coffee (if using) into a blender and blend until smooth. You don’t want any lumps leftover.
- Whisk or sift together cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Cream butter and maple syrup/honey until well combined.
- Mix in the remaining eggs, beating for a minute or so after each one.
- Beat the bean mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add in the cocoa mixture and beat until well combined, about a minute more.
- Add batter into cupcake cups leaving half a centimeter or so at the top. The batter does not rise very much.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
4 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
Notes:Let cakes cook completely before attempting to eat them. They taste best when refrigerated or allowed to cool overnight.
“Dr. Gundry is a true trailblazer, always at the forefront of scientific knowledge. The Plant Paradox shows the world what pioneer thinking is ab... Read More >
Does your diet leave you feeling restricted and confined? Escape to the healthful and carefree Mediterranean lifestyl... Read More >